Friday, February 1, 2013

Crashers!



Informal lunch on a weekday with the boy, the outfit is the product of rushing about.

What was supposedly a fun afternoon with Bri turned into one of the funniest afternoons of our lives. Let's just say that I've finally had my first (accidental) experience in crashing events-- and I stress the accidental part-- meaning yes, we went to the wrong event! After getting our facts straight, we finally arrived at the event we were really supposed to be at. We left with nothing bruised but our egos. A few awkward laughs later, we were able to shrug it off and come late afternoon, it had become a hysterical joke.

I owe it to the fact that I have a thick hyde, and, well, what other better reaction could there be to keeping your cool and laughing things off?

Anyway, I've been lazy lately and compromise dictated that heels be worn with the flowy, loose top I insisted on wearing. Shoes are such a great way to balance outfits. It's my outfit cheat!


Shirt borrowed from my mother from the Karpos Bazar, Mercato; 
Lace Skirt from SM Department Store;
 Primadonna shoes; Nacklace from Pop Culture, ATC; Roxy watch; Vintage leather bag

Photos by Brian Velasco.






Bri & I having recovered from the mix up earlier.


This whole debacle makes me realize, though, that wedding crashing is possible, and that it wouldn't even be hard at all-- not that I'm planning to crash another event, but yeah. 

What are your awkward experiences? Anything like this ever happen to you?





7 comments:

  1. This is indeed a great easy look ♥ Love the shots and the outfit as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I haven't gatecrashed someone else's party... yet. I usually get really nervous when I'm about to, so I end up chickening out. LOL. Great outfit, btw.

    xx Daphne of http://daphnebenosa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, it's exhilarating! Hahah! I'm kidding :) Thanks for dropping by, Daphne! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Sabs! On my way to your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!