Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rappler Team for Palarong Pambansa 2012

I just got home from the Pangasinan. I spent the week as part of Rappler's Palaro team. We covered this year's Palarong Pambansa and aimed to tell the stories of our young outstanding athletes.

There were so many stories to tell, each one more heartwarming than the last.





In a span of 7 long days, I've met so many interesting people– got to know others better, got to know myself better.

I learned that if I were tired enough, I could ignore a man screaming Lady Gaga songs at 1 in the morning. Learned that Off lotion is essential when sleeping in a kubo and that a water pitcher will do a good enough job when there is no shower or tabo.



Realized that the beach could be ignored when other responsibilities are in sight and that waking up is less of a chore when you are preoccupied with thinking about the work you'd have to do ahead in the day.

Learned that I should always bring the DSLR on events such as this one.

That there is no Mcdo in Lingayen, and Mcdo Dagupan will not deliver to said town.



I learned that there are still so many things that I have yet to discover and experience.



And that I would do all of this again in a heartbeat.

L-R (Sir Dexter, Miss Natashya, Benise who is really Benoit, Loj, David, and I)

There are so many things I've learned, and to say that this experience is an enriching one would be an understatement.

The product of all our hard work here: Palaro 2012 Rappler Coverage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!