Monday, June 18, 2012

Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe, Katipunan

Last Sunday,  our usual Katipunan stop to bring Anton to his condo brought us Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe. Tired of the usual fast-food  choices we opted for this quaint looking restaurant on the FDRC Building along E. Rodriguez.







According to their website, Mom and Tina's started as a mother-daughter past time. Now with two branches, the tandem has created a cozy place to dine and enjoy their baked goods.



For starters, I had their Homemade soup (PHP 55). This is half a serving and this comes with their amazing garlic cheese rolls. This reminded me of my mom's sopas. 



I ordered a pasta dish called Smoked Salmon and Capers (PHP 240). This pasta has a generous serving of salmon, which is great because that's something you find rare these days. Though I found this dish a little bland, a little parmesan cheese fixed that for me. This also came with the garlic cheese rolls which was quickly becoming a favorite for me.




Camille's Beef Stew (PHP 205).


Tatay's Sun Dried Tomato Pesto (PHP 190), also came with the garlic cheese rolls.


Anton's Barbecued Pork Steak (PHP 265). I had a bite of this and it was delicious!


 And since our table was situated in front of their pastry display window, I just had to try their Chicken Empanada (PHP 40).




No good meal ends without desert! We got ourselves a Chocolate Profiterole (PHP 45) mainly because Camille liked how that name sounded. We were not disappointed, this chocolate treat resembled a frozen Tiramisu. Yum! Camille was hinting on buying more of these 45 peso wonder.



 Just before we left, they gave Tatay this as a father's day treat. Isn't it the sweetest thing ever?







Check them out here:


FRDC Building
106 E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Pasig City, Metro Manila
914-0833/ 571-1541






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!