As mentioned in my previous look post, we visited the country's very first ice bar which is at par with world class standards.
That evening at Imperial Ice Bar was such an experience! Never in my life did I think I'd find myself in a bar made out of ice. And no, it isn't the same as sticking your head in the freezer (I thought so too, at first, but man, it is way cooler).
Contrary to what you'd think when someone says "Ice Bar", the establishment is not completely made out of ice. The Ice bar is a smaller room located in the bar space. The main lounge, where this bar is located, is the perfect place for drinks and dancing before or after your ice bar visit.
Great drinks and great friends, my favorite combination!
The ice bar, of course is a must see. (Interesting things like falling of frozen thrones happen in this glacial party space)
When I went to Imperial, I had no idea what to expect from an ice bar-- I mean this isn't exactly the type of thing you frequent in a tropical country. Here are a few tips for when you decide to check the place out for yourself.
1. Remember those hot leather boots? Wear them. Though the Imperial Ice Bar offers patrons coats, gloves, and those beautiful Russian Hats, our feet are usually unprotected. I made the mistake of wearing peep toe heeled shoes and I almost let my toes freeze (yeah, I didn't want to leave yet, even though I could feel my toes getting numb).
2. Ice is slippery. That frozen throne is not as comfortable as you'd think it to be.
3. Vodka is great inside the ice bar. Take your shots, take as much as you can, but know that you'll feel it once you leave that cold and freezing environment.
4. That 20 minutes they let you stay in the bar? It's not as short as you think. A lot can happen in 20 minutes in a -5 degree Celcius room filled with vodka and ice.
5. And lastly, ENJOY! How many times will you find yourself partying in an ice bar? Go have fun!
(Thanks to Chris Abeleda for most of the photos and help with the camera)
Ooh, another tip, take your shots from that ice sculpture. Yes, you can!
IMPERIAL ICE BAR AND LOUNGE
Fort Strip, 1633 Fort Bonifacio