Friday, September 21, 2012

Non-straight lines


I don't like dresses because they're cute. I like dresses because they're comfy and breezy. What I like, though, more than dresses, are shirt-dresses.


Of course, I wore shorts underneath as this top had a tendency to be too breezy and I'm not exactly the most behaved girl when I go out.

When I was younger, it did bother me that I was not the typical girly girl. I'd run, hop, and jump about everywhere. In short I was never mahinhin. There were times then when I'd try to behave like all the other girls: quiet, reserved and all, but I could never last more than 15 minutes.

Years later, I realize that accepting who I was and who I was not helped me accept who I am. Now, I'm comfortable with the person that I am and the person I try to be– even if that person almost always need shorts underneath dresses. Small price to pay for being yourself.



Nanay's Bazaar find dress; DIY necklace; Accesorize feather necklace; Jelly Nelly sandals

Thank you for all the photos, Brian. 







9 comments:

  1. Idol! One of my fave fashion bloggers out there! :D Anyway, I always appreciate ladies who are just true to themselves amidst a world of "plastic" and "artificial" people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Not that there's anything wrong with being mahinhin.. It's just, I never was and I've learned to accept and live with that.

      Delete
    2. Based on experience, my boyish girl childhood friends grow up to be the really gorgeous ones while the mahinhin ones... meh, not that much. Hihi. :D

      Delete
  2. Asan na mga dogs? dapat isama sa shoot! hihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae! Check this out: http://sisasaid.blogspot.com/search/label/Dogs :)

      Delete
  3. This is actually a nice post :) Mark Will led me here :)

    xx

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit, Isa :) I love waiting for your new outfit posts.
    Oh, and i'm not mahinhin, too :p
    hooray for active women like us who still love to dress up without having to compromise what we love doing most :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JoTan! :) Cheers to fashion and functionality!

      Delete

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!