Sunday, September 23, 2012

DIY Aztec Nail Sticker Manicure

After a that manicure hiatus I had, I am back to painting nails!

What do you think of my Aztec nails?



A while back, Bianca gave us these nail stickers (Yay! Thanks, Bianca!). I'd always been curious about nail stickers (and nail foils and nail tattoos), and I've been dying to try them. I thought they'd be tough to do so I put off doing them till I had enough time to really focus on this mani.

 This afternoon, I finally tried to put the nail stickers on.



Surprisingly, it's the easiest thing to do! 
Now I'm considering having tons of these nail stickers shipped to me.




  1. Cut the nail stickers and be sure they fit your fingernails perfectly. Dip the cut out in a bowl filled with lukewarm water. After a few seconds, fish the nail sticker out of the water and peel off the back.
  2. Carefully place the sticker on your nail. Make sure the sticker is flattened out evenly on your nail.
  3. Once the sticker is in place, fold out the excess and file the edge of your nail. This will take care of that excess sticker.
  4. Cover with a coat of clear nail polish. 


Easy peasy! Annnnd since I saw that these nail stickers are very manageable, I let my imagination run wild. I wanted to do something different with them.



After applying a sticker to one nail, I painted the rest with Caronia's Sweet Surprise. A festive yellow polish. I then proceeded to put cut up pieces of nail sticker on the painted nail. What do you think?


And the best part is: I only used one nail sticker (meaning a nail sticker that was meant for only one finger nail) for this hand's manicure.


I love this manicure! 



Do you like it?





2 comments:

  1. where did you bought the stickers? you did a good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tonette! They were just given to me, but I think there are online stores who sell these. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!